Sunday, December 16, 2007

On Hiatus (Once Again)

Exams are over. WHOOPEE! I survived them relatively unscathed. It's a miracle. Now I am going on break. I won't return to work until January 2nd. I'll begin posting again some time after that.

Happy holidays, everyone.

P.S. Did you know today was the anniversery of the Boston Tea Party? Me neither, until I saw students handing out free tea. But doesn't that seem to go against the spirit of the event? Wouldn't it have been more inline to dump all that tea into UZ's swimming pool? No, I didn't tell the students this. Not going to give them ideas.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

You are probably referring to the Ron Paul Dec 16th tea party. It was symbolic.

4:39 PM, December 17, 2007  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Brent,

You're right, but I made the students put all their Ron Paul stuff away. They continued to give out tea.

6:01 PM, December 17, 2007  
Blogger The Imaginary Blog said...

You have a hiatus? I want a hiatus! Instead of letting us sit back and enjoy our Christmas cookies and candy canes in the comfort of our homes, the Powers That Be have us in extended meetings where they'll probably force us to eat fruitcake and drink eggnog without a little something in it, as my granny used to say. And what's the point in that?

Your library sounds interesting. Giving away tea, huh? Imaginary likes tea. Especially when it's frigorific outside.

Happy holidays!

8:29 PM, December 17, 2007  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Thanks, IB. I'm sorry you're stuck at work. Library X isn't shutting down completely, but all us non-day people are getting a much needed break.

Tea isn't the usual giveaway here. Junk food or pizza is.

10:15 PM, December 17, 2007  
Blogger Rhea said...

Hi, Vamp, can you come over and answer a question I have for librarians?

3:15 PM, December 28, 2007  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Hi Rhea,

My Noise in Libraries post is dedicated to you. Hope you find it helpful, though I'm beginning to wonder if it answers your question at all.

6:02 AM, December 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home